Monday, June 30, 2008

Candy Ramadan: Day 11

I found another great, unexpected place to get candy today- Fry's Electronics. They had all kinds of good treats in there! I would totally go live in Fry's and eat candy and play Guitar Hero on my Nintendo DS to my heart's content.

Today I had an Abba-Zaba. There are a lot of retro candies I am going to eat for Candy Ramadan not for the nostalgic value but because I've really never had them before. Most of them are pretty much before my time or were only available on the West Coast or New England or wherever until now. I've heard of Abba-Zabas before but I hadn't seen one until today.

Maybe it's because I don't have some wonderful childhood memories associated with this candy, but I thought it pretty much sucked ass. The first bite hurt two of my bottom teeth, and not in a cute this stuff is so chewy it almost pulled my fillings out! way, but in an Oh my Flying Spaghetti Monster, I might have to find a dentist who is open on Sunday because I think I just messed up my damn jaw.

After several minutes the pain subsided and I sucked on the candy until it was soft enough to actually chew, because I'll be damned if I let a piece of candy tell me what to do. It was pretty bland. The wrapper claims that it is peanut-butter filled taffy, but all the (very greasy) peanut butter was at the very ends of the bar, so the middle was a wasteland of tasteless white orthodontic nightmare. Abba-Zaba is not my only friend.

No comments: