Saturday, June 28, 2008

Candy Ramadan: Day 9

I tried some Chimes Ginger Chews today and they were off the damn chain. They were sweet at first (and very, very chewy) and then they got good and spicy. I'm not a big fan of spiciness, but these were awesome. I got these at World Market mainly because I thought the tin they came in was hella cool. I also dig the fact that they were all individually wrapped so it was easier to share them.

I was worried that these were going to be gum, because the 'chew' part was kinda vague. I'm not a big fan of gum. I used to chew it in middle school mainly because it pissed off teachers, then I got braces and wasn't allowed to chew it. By the time I got my braces off I had found other ways to piss off teachers, and gum is just... it's such a tease, you know? It's sugary and delicious at first, but then it gets all gross and hard and hurts your jaw and then you spit it out. It's like having candy blue balls. Plus chewing gum brings out a number of disgusting behaviors in people, like smacking on it with their mouths open or doing that crackly noise, and there is nothing more friggin' nasty than stepping in gum... unless it's putting your fingers in gum that's stuck underneath a table. Just thinking about that makes me want to barf. Next time you're out walking in a major city, check out the sidewalk and see how many dirty gum blobs there are. Is it really too much to ask for people to spit gum in a trash can? I think I might go move to that country where they cane people for chewing gum. They've got the right idea.

Reading group! This week's book is "Candy Everybody Wants" by Josh Kilmer-Purcell.

No comments: