Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Candy Ramadan: Day 26


Sorry this one is late folks, but I had limited access to teh Internetz yesterday and I didn't get around to it. Plus the candy I had for Day 26 was pretty boring: the 3 Musketeers Mint. Now, mint/chocolate are a classic combination, just like peanut butter/jelly or orange/vanilla, but like the crispy mint M&Ms I had a few days ago, the mint vastly overpowers any chocolate taste. I know from personal experience that mint is a really strong flavor, so you have to be careful when you put it in any food that you only use a teeny bit or the whole damn thing is going to taste like toothpaste. And really, the 3 Musketeers Mint bar was so minty I could feel it in my ears.

I must also confess that I've never been a real fan of 3 Musketeers. If candy bars were lingerie, a 3 Musketeers would be a training bra. I mean, it's a candy bar in the sense that it's candy and it's in bar form, but if all you're bringing to the table is a whipped nougat center, why even bother?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I always thought 3 Musketeer had the potential, if they tried, to be a real candy bar. Those Milky Ways are equally pointless, but at least they slap a little caramel in them. I'll only eat these things if I absolutely have to eat something that's bad for me.

Sea Hag said...

Yeah, seriously, it's like the nougat is so fluffy it's pretty much just air holding hands. I mean, if you really want a candy bar, go eat an actual one and stop teasing yourself.