Monday, January 12, 2009

Candy Detox: Day 3


Today I had a Bumble Bar (chai with almonds) from Trader Joes. I bought it mainly because I want the walls of the living room to one day be the color of this wrapper. Home Depot said they could mix up some paint color just like it, no sweat. You know those paint mixer machines? Why hasn't someone made little ones for mixed drinks? Note to self: Invent paint mixer drink machines, invent equally silly glass/bucket-style container to fit in them, along with appropriate beverage. Make millions.

What was I talking about again? Oh, Bumblebee Tuna. I like the word 'bumble'. Yeah. All these organics must be making me think so much clearer now! It's a bunch of seeds glued together in some sort of sweet glue that is not made of any sort of soy, meat, dairy, gluten, or corn syrup, so I have no idea what the hell it could possibly be made out of other than like seeds and insect spit and hippie tears. Some helicopter mom actually wrote this about these bars:

Please note: Soy Lecithin is used as a processing agent with Organic Canola Oil. I was concerned about the soy used in the Bumble Bars and asked about it. They do not use conventional soy lecithin which is highly likely GMO; they agreed typical soy lecithin was a big concern. Instead they use non-GMO. They have tried to make the bars without it, but they need it in order that the mixture doesn't stick to the pans. They only use it in processing the bars. I felt much more comfortable when I learned that they use only 2 teaspoons for every 5000 bars, quite a minute amount. And my kids love them so I think it's a great snack (and I know they are getting calcium and important nutrients.) Please note that each bar may contain traces of peanuts since they are created on the same line. Again, I was concerned about the peanuts and asked from where they came and the peanuts are indeed from Arizona so no concern about the toxic mold that grows on southern peanuts. They are not recommended for diabetics. Can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Wow. I can't imagine what this mom would do if she got a hold of the ingredients list of a McNuggett.

These are OK, they remind me of those things that you stick in a parakeet's cage that are bell-shaped and made out of seeds. Also the Bumble Bar is too big. About half-way through it my teeth started to hurt from all the chewing and I lost interest. Maybe if I was a brontosaurus I'd have the grindy molars capable of masticating this whole thing, but alas, I do not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom ...

Sea Hag said...

I have the other half in my fridge if you want it.

Anonymous said...

I bet my jaw would clickety-clack like a baseball carded bicycle spoke if I ate one of those.