Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Candy Ramadan: Day 20


I finally broke down and went to the Harry & David store 44 miles away and bought me some more of those delicious soft licorice things today. And! They were having a sale so I got some other candy goodies, one of which was a bag of Red Apple Caramel Balls since I made the mistake weeks ago with the blood orange cordials. What was I thinking? Where was my head?

Anyway, I left these in the car all day in 90-degree heat so they got a little melty. Whoops. So they are now kind of amoeba-shaped instead of spherical. They taste really good though, but holy testicle Tuesday they are sweet. My molars are aching terribly and I've only had four of them. This might be because the ladies working at Harry & David were handing out a million free samples today, and I got overloaded with a bunch of chocolate truffles. Normally, of course, this would be totally fucking rad but the truffles were huge and they were really rich, so one was plenty. But they kept giving them to me and since the store was small and they were following me around I couldn't set them down behind some jars of lemon curd, and since they were chocolate I couldn't really stick them in my pocket for later, so I was forced to eat them all and ever since my mouth has been painfully a-tingle with sugar.

Reading group! So how did you like 'Candy Everybody Wants'? Were you as disappointed as I was that there wasn't any damn candy mentioned except for diabetic candy from the 80s? Were you irritated that every time you saw the cover that that 10,000 Maniacs song got stuck in your head? This week the book is 'Candy Girl' by Diablo Cody.

Blog change! Let me know how you like the new look.

No comments: